parliamentnounuk /ˈpɑː.lɪ.mənt/ us /ˈpɑːr.lə-/
- There are two chambers in the British parliament - the House of Commons is the lower chamber, and the House of Lords is the upper chamber.
- If there were as many women as there are men in parliament, the situation would be very different.
- The opposition leader led a very forceful attack on the government in parliament this morning.
- When a bill is passed in parliament it becomes law.
- After 30 years in the political arena, our local member of parliament is retiring next year.