peacenoun [ U ]uk /piːs/ us /piːs/
peace noun [ U ] (NO VIOLENCE)
- They had worked for peace during the long era of conflict.
- Do you think they'll ever find a way of bringing peace to the region?
- Few observers believe that the treaty will bring a lasting peace to the region.
- The United Nations has exerted its authority to restore peace in the area.
- The war was followed by a long period of peace and prosperity.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
peace noun [ U ] (CALM)
There'll be no peace until she gets what she wants.