policemannoun [ C ]uk /pəˈliːs.mən/ us /pəˈliːs.mən/ plural -men /-mən/
- The youths scuffled with the policeman, then escaped down the lane.
- The policeman walked along the street, shining a torch into every car.
- The traffic lights were out of order, but there was a policeman directing the traffic.
- "And where do you think you're going?" demanded the policeman.
- He said that two policemen assaulted him while he was in custody.
- Duke (on the left) was the sheriff, or head policeman, of Honolulu.