possessverb [T]uk us /pəˈzes/
possess verb [T] (OWN)
- We're trying to bring out the artistic talents that many people possess without realizing it.
- She had already sold everything of value that she possessed.
- Ruth possessed great writing skills.
- He was charged with possessing a fake passport.
- "I'm arresting you on suspicion of illegally possessing drugs, " said the police officer.
possess verb [T] (CONTROL)
- balance of power
- have sb by the balls idiom
- have sb eating out of your hand idiom
- have sb in the palm of your hand idiom
- have sth in hand idiom
- pull rank idiom
- pull the strings idiom