possibleadjectiveuk /ˈpɒs.ə.bəl/ us /ˈpɑː.sə.bəl/
possible adjective (CAN ACHIEVE)
- I have tried to keep my translation as faithful as possible to the original book.
- The judge made an example of him and gave him the maximum possible sentence.
- Rescuers are doing everything that is humanly possible to free the trapped people.
- If atmospheric conditions are right, it may be possible to see this group of stars tonight.
- With today's technology almost anything seems possible.
possible adjective (NOT CERTAIN)
- It's just possible that we might be going away that weekend.
- She's researching into possible cures for AIDS.
- Here is a list of possible answers. Please delete as appropriate.
- This is one possible solution to the problem. However, there are others.
- Investigators have studied the possible effects of contamination.