poundnoun [C]uk /paʊnd/ us /paʊnd/
pound noun [C] (MONEY)
- The pound has fallen to its lowest-ever level against the dollar.
- The value of the pound fell against other European currencies yesterday.
- He landed a part in a multi-million pound action thriller and made the Hollywood A list.
- Tourism contributes millions of pounds to the country's economy.
- I owe Janet £10.
pound noun [C] (WEIGHT)
poundverb [I or T]uk /paʊnd/ us /paʊnd/
- The town finally succumbed last week after being pounded with heavy artillery for more than two months.
- She pounded on the door with her fists, pleading with him to let her out.
- Enormous waves pounded against the empty seashore.
- She pounded away at the computer until she had finished the report.
- Use the pestle and mortar to pound the spices into a fine powder.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: