praiseverb [T]uk /preɪz/ us /preɪz/
praise verb [T] (SHOW APPROVAL)
- His friends praised his generosity, wit, and learning.
- He praised her professionalism and dynamism.
- The police praised motorists for driving sensibly in the appalling conditions.
- The speech praised those who had displayed gallantry in the liberation of their country.
- I tried to boost his ego by praising his cooking.
praise verb [T] (WORSHIP)
praisenoun [U]uk /preɪz/ us /preɪz/
praise noun [U] (APPROVAL)
praise noun [U] (GOD)