prioradjective [before noun]uk /praɪər/ us /praɪr/
prior adjective [before noun] (EARLIER)
- You can only withdraw money from this account by prior arrangement with the bank.
- It's a pretty steep learning curve when you're thrown into a job with no prior experience.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule without prior notice.
- Due to a prior engagement Mr Richards is unable to attend.
- No prior knowledge of the language is required.
prior adjective [before noun] (MORE IMPORTANT)