profitnounuk /ˈprɒf.ɪt/ us /ˈprɑː.fɪt/
- The school summer fair made a clear profit of £500.
- They buy paintings at auctions and then resell them at a vast profit to collectors.
- We agreed before we did the deal that we'd both get an equal share of the profit.
- All our profits are re-invested in research and development.
- The successful branding and marketing of the new beer has already boosted sales and increased profits.
- a free ride idiom
- a stick to beat sb with idiom
- an ace up your sleeve idiom
- be/stay/keep one jump ahead idiom
- cash in on sth
- in the right place at the right time idiom
- it's tough at the top idiom
- lock in sth
- lock sb out of sth
- lose out
- profit from sth
- you've got nothing to lose idiom
- your best/strongest/trump card idiom