progressiveadjectiveuk /prəˈɡres.ɪv/ us /prəˈɡres.ɪv/
progressive adjective (GRADUAL)
- Summerhill school is noted for its progressive policies.
- The last few months have seen the progressive meltdown of the country's political system.
- The progressive form is often referred to as the continuous form of the verb.
- We are currently witnessing a progressive decline in the number of students entering higher education.
- The area has suffered a progressive reduction in house prices.
progressive adjective (MODERN)
progressive adjective (TAX)
progressive adjective (GRAMMAR)
progressivenoun [C]uk /prəˈɡres.ɪv/ us /prəˈɡres.ɪv/