prosecute verb (LEGAL)
Shoplifters will be prosecuted.
He was prosecuted for fraud.
Any manufacturer who does not conform to the standards could be prosecuted under the Consumers Protection Act, 1987.
The victim has said that she will not prosecute.
- Can't you read the sign? It says 'Trespassers will be prosecuted!'
- People who hand in illegal weapons will not be prosecuted during the amnesty.
- He was prosecuted for having sex with a girl who was underage.
- You'll be relieved to hear that our clients have decided not to prosecute.
- The company is to be prosecuted under the Sex Discrimination Act.
prosecute verb (CONTINUE)
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas