queuenoun [ C ]uk /kjuː/ us /kjuː/ UK US line
Are you in the queue for tickets?
- Form an orderly queue.
- There was a queue of people waiting patiently for the bus to arrive.
- When the doors opened she barged her way to the front of the queue.
- I was waiting in the bus queue when two men pushed in in front of me.
- She was at the head of the queue but I was at the tail end.
queueverb [ I ]uk /kjuː/ us /kjuː/ UK US line, US line up, also UK queue up
We had to queue for three hours to get in.
› informal to want very much to do something:
- We queued for half an hour waiting for a free space in the car park.
- He queued for two hours and all for nothing - there were no seats left.
- Queue here for signed copies of his book.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: