racistnoun [C]uk /ˈreɪ.sɪst/ us /ˈreɪ.sɪst/ (UK old-fashioned racialist) disapproving
racistadjectiveuk /ˈreɪ.sɪst/ us /ˈreɪ.sɪst/ disapproving
- During the 1930s and 40s, the Nazis used racist propaganda in an attempt to demonize the Jews.
- The police want to discuss these recent racist attacks with local people.
- Several people were arrested for distributing racist pamphlets (to the spectators).
- There has been an unwelcome recrudescence of racist attacks.
- The newspaper published a toughly worded article about racist behaviour.