recoververb [ I or T ]uk /rɪˈkʌv.ər/ us /rɪˈkʌv.ɚ/
She was astonished to see me, but she soon recovered her composure/herself (= soon gave the appearance of being calm).
- The doctors say that it will take him a few weeks to recover.
- It will be impossible to recover all the misapplied charity money.
- Although she's recovering from her illness, her rate of progress is quite slow.
- Have you fully recovered from your illness?
- He looked surprised but soon recovered his self-possession.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: