refer to sb/sth
— phrasal verb with refer uk /rɪˈfɜːr/ us /rɪˈfɝː/ verb -rr-
- Pronouns are often used to refer to a noun that has already been mentioned.
- It's something of a misnomer to refer to these inexperienced boys as soldiers.
- Outside England, the Anglican Church is often referred to as the Episcopalian Church.
- The children on trial were referred to as child X and child Y.
- On page two of your handout you will find a list of the books that I have referred to during the lecture.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas