reflectionnounuk us /rɪˈflek.ʃən/
reflection noun (IMAGE)
reflection noun (SENDING BACK)
reflection noun (SIGN)
- The film is a reflection of the violence that pervades American culture.
- Her novel is an accurate reflection of life in post-war Spain.
- I don't believe these exam results are a true reflection of your abilities.
- His poor job performance is a reflection of his lack of training.
- The grief after her death was a reflection of the great love that people felt for her.
reflection noun (THOUGHT)
- agonize over/about sth
- chew sth over
- chew the cud idiom
- chew your cud idiom
- joined-up thinking
- lateral thinking
- let me see/let's see idiom
- let's see idiom
- take a long, hard look at sth idiom
- take sth into account idiom
- the thought crosses sb's mind idiom
- think sth out
- think sth over