regulationnoun [C or U]uk /ˌreɡ.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌreɡ.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/
- The Social Democrats are still wedded to the concepts of high taxation and regulation.
- New safety regulations have been brought in.
- I have acted strictly in accordance with the regulations at all times.
- The correct procedure is laid down in the rules and regulations.
- Safety regulations are being ignored by company managers in the drive to increase profits.
regulationadjectiveuk /ˌreɡ.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌreɡ.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/
- all in a day's work idiom
- as a (general) rule idiom
- as a matter of course idiom
- as per usual/normal idiom
- more often than not idiom 1
- more often than not
- pro forma
- surprise, surprise idiom
- the rule idiom