residencenoun [ C ]uk /ˈrez.ɪ.dəns/ us /ˈrez.ə.dəns/ formal
author/poet/artist in residence
take up residence/residency somewhere
- The premier left his residence with almost indecent haste following his resignation.
- Number Ten Downing Street is the British prime minister's official residence.
- The council was hoping to turn a children's home into a residence for adolescent girls.
- The estate agent described the flat as a bijou residence.
- She has managed to obtain a temporary residence permit.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas