resolutionnounuk us /ˌrez.əˈluː.ʃən/
resolution noun (DECISION)
- The resolution calls for a durable peace settlement.
- The resolution was carried by 210 votes to 160.
- "Have you made any New Year's resolutions?" "Yes, I'm going to eat more healthily and give up smoking."
- I've made a resolution to exercise three times a week.
- What happened to your resolution to be nice to Barbara?
- be make or break for sb/sth idiom
- be on the horns of a dilemma idiom
- come down on one side of the fence or the other idiom
- come to sth
- hammer sth out
- it's a date idiom
- judgment call
- make or break sth idiom
- make up your mind idiom
- nail sth down
- name the day idiom
- spin a coin idiom
resolution noun (DETERMINATION)
resolution noun (SOLVING)
resolution noun (DETAIL)
resolution noun (SEPARATION)