revolutionaryadjectiveuk /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən.ər.i/ us /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən.er.i/
revolutionary adjective (IN POLITICS)
- He was arrested for taking part in revolutionary activities.
- His writings influenced political thinking during the revolutionary war.
- The revolutionary party was defeated in the recent election.
- The government has ordered the closure of the revolutionary newspaper.
- Several revolutionary organizations combined to form the new party.
revolutionary adjective (NEW AND IMPORTANT)
revolutionarynoun [C]uk /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən.ər.i/ us /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən.er.i/