rhymeverb [ I or T ]uk /raɪm/ us /raɪm/
C2 Words that rhyme have the same last sound:
"Blue" and "flew" rhyme.
- 'Bat and 'cat' rhyme.
- 'Side' and 'hide' rhyme.
- 'Hit' and 'sit' rhyme.
- Putting information into a rhyme can help you to remember it.
- She is best remembered for her illustrations for books of children's rhymes.
- The rhymes help children to appreciate the sounds and rhythms of language.
- A lullaby is a type of children's rhyme.
- The exhibition includes a rare edition of a collection of rhymes printed in 1781.