Shintonoun [ U ]uk /ˈʃɪn.təʊ/ us /ˈʃɪn.toʊ/ also Shintoism,
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- In this respect, Japan’s Shinto and Buddhist heritage plays an important role.
- Shinto involves the worship of Kami.
- Shinto is a set of religious beliefs and practices native to Japan and was first recorded in the 8th century.
- Shinto’s main aim is to keep in harmony with the surrounding world by showing respect for the kami that inhabit it.
- This may be linked to Japan’s Shinto religion, whose followers regard all things as having spirits.
- While Buddhism and Shinto are officially separate, in reality most people practice them together.