speakernoun [ C ]uk /ˈspiː.kər/ us /ˈspiː.kɚ/
speaker noun [ C ] (FORMAL TALK)
a good public speaker
- In his opening salvo the speaker fiercely attacked the government's record on healthcare.
- She is a confident and self-possessed public speaker.
- The speaker sidestepped the question by saying that it would take him too long to answer it.
- The speaker was applauded as he tore apart the prime minister's policies.
- A huge throng had gathered round the speaker.
speaker noun [ C ] (LANGUAGE)
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas