spellverbuk /spel/ us /spel/
spell verb (FORM WORDS)
spell verb (RESULT)
spell verb (DO INSTEAD)
spellnoun [C]uk /spel/ us /spel/
spell noun [C] (PERIOD)
- In this current cold spell, many old people are dying needlessly of hypothermia.
- It looks as if we are in for a settled spell this week.
- After a brief spell in the army, he started working as a teacher.
- He had a brief spell in the army.
- She had a couple of spells in a mental hospital.
spell noun [C] (DO INSTEAD)
spell noun [C] (MAGIC)