steep adjective (NOT GRADUAL)
a steep slope
- She scrambled up the steep hillside and over the rocks.
- There's a very steep slope just before you reach the top of the mountain.
- I had to climb a steep flight of stairs to her front door.
- The car's speed slackened off as it went up a steep hill.
- House prices now seem to be levelling off after the steep rises of the last few years.
steep adjective (TOO MUCH)
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
noun [ U ] uk /ˈstiːp.nəs/ us /ˈstiːp.nəs/