stepverb [I + adv/prep]uk /step/ us /step/ -pp-
stepnounuk /step/ us /step/
step noun (STAGE)
- This new drug could be an important step in the fight against cancer.
- The first step in empowering the poorest sections of society is making sure they vote.
- The recent free elections mark the next step in the country's progress towards democracy.
- It's a big step, leaving your parents and going off to university.
- So what's the next step? How do we progress the situation?
- (your) every move idiom
- act/do sth on your own responsibility idiom
- be up to sth idiom
- get around to sth
- give yourself over/up to sth
- go about sth
- go about your business idiom
- go through with sth
- up to
step noun (STAIR)
step noun (FOOT MOVEMENT)
step noun (MUSIC)