stopverbuk /stɒp/ us /stɑːp/ (-pp-)
stop verb (FINISH)
- all good things (must) come to an end idiom
- and have done with it idiom
- be over the hump idiom
- knock off (sth)
- lay sth to rest idiom
- lay the ghost of sth (to rest) idiom
- leave it at that idiom
- the curtain falls on sth idiom
- to the bitter end idiom
- top sth off
stop verb (PREVENT)
stop verb (STAY)
- After stopping for a quick drink, they continued on their way.
- She ambled down the street, stopping occasionally to look in the shop windows.
- I won't stop - I'm in a bit of a rush.
- Shall we stop here for a while?
- We're hoping to make up time on the return journey by not stopping at night.
stop verb (BLOCK)
stopnoun [C]uk /stɒp/ us /stɑːp/
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: