substituteverbuk /ˈsʌb.stɪ.tʃuːt/ us /ˈsʌb.stə.tuːt/
- I use that recipe but substitute wheat-free flour for regular flour.
- I took out the words 'he' and 'his' and substituted them with 'they' and 'their'.
- You can always substitute tofu for meat, if you like.
- Computers can't substitute for human interaction.
- Of course, no book or course of study can substitute for experience.
substitutenoun [C]uk /ˈsʌb.stɪ.tʃuːt/ us /ˈsʌb.stə.tuːt/
- I'm allowed to eat ersatz chocolate made from carob beans, but it's a poor substitute for the real thing.
- Lime zest can be used as a substitute for lime leaves.
- Email is all well and good but it's a poor substitute for a hand-written letter.
- This is not intended as a substitute for a lawyer's advice.
- There is no substitute for proper training.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: