successornoun [ C ]uk /səkˈses.ər/ us /səkˈses.ɚ/
C1 someone or something that comes after another person or thing:
- Traditionally, the president designates his or her successor.
- It remains to be seen whom the chairman will anoint as his successor.
- The hunt is on for a successor to Sir James Gordon.
- His name was mooted as a possible successor.
- The former leader now has to watch his successor unpicking much of what he strived so hard to achieve.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: