talkverb [I]uk /tɔːk/ us /tɑːk/
talk verb [I] (SAY WORDS)
talk verb [I] (DISCUSS)
talk verb [I] (LECTURE)
talknounuk /tɔːk/ us /tɑːk/
- He gave a talk on the representation of women in 19th-century art.
- We need to have another talk about this - can we meet later this afternoon?
- Our talk soon veered onto the subject of football.
- She was nervous about giving a talk to her colleagues, but she carried it off very well.
- I had to have a talk to her about a complaint that was made about her work.