teachernoun [ C ]uk /ˈtiː.tʃər/ us /ˈtiː.tʃɚ/
- The teacher drew a diagram showing how the blood flows through the heart.
- It takes a lot of enthusiasm and a love of children to make a good teacher.
- Dominique's teacher says that she interacts well with the other children.
- My son's never been in trouble with his teachers before.
- There is a shortage of teachers, especially in music and science.
Examples from literature
- His father was a painter and a teacher of painting.
- However, the same teachers also said it is difficult for students to find reliable information.
- I wasn’t honest with my teacher.
- In one study, teachers said the Internet helps students do better research.
- My teacher has got such a nice personality – she’s very kind and patient.
- Parents and teachers have many ways to teach children to be altruistic.
- People could learn to be scientists, doctors, or teachers by reading books.
- She’s studying to be a teacher.
- So, he began to learn without a teacher, from books.
- The government provided teachers and courses to help people learn organic farming techniques.
- They listen to their teacher.
- Your teacher tells you that there will be two tests sometime before the school year ends.