territorynoun [C or U]uk /ˈter.ɪ.tər.i/ us /-tɔːr.i/
territory noun [C or U] (AREA)
- We can't afford to make any false moves once we're in enemy territory.
- The planes fly low across enemy territory.
- Missiles have been launched from their pads deep in enemy territory.
- The government prohibits the passage of foreign troops and planes across its territory.
- For years the two nations battled over territory.
territory noun [C or U] (SUBJECT)
- all in a day's work idiom
- as a (general) rule idiom
- as a matter of course idiom
- as per usual/normal idiom
- more often than not idiom 1
- more often than not
- pro forma
- surprise, surprise idiom
- the rule idiom