trainingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈtreɪ.nɪŋ/ us /ˈtreɪ.nɪŋ/
a training course
a teacher-training college
be in training for sth
be good training for sth
- Both soldiers spent two weeks in training before being allowed to rejoin their unit.
- His experience as a teacher was good training for parenthood.
- The treatment for people addicted to tranquillizers includes training in stress management and relaxation techniques.
- The 21-year-old runner twisted his ankle in a training session last Friday.
- No formal qualifications are required for the work - you'll get on-the-job training.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
- blended learning
- bone up
- brain training
- cut your political, professional, etc. teeth idiom
- gen up
- hear tell (of) idiom
- know better (than sb) idiom
- know sth like the back of your hand idiom
- know which side your bread is buttered (on) idiom
- pick sth up