umbrellanoun [ C ]uk /ʌmˈbrel.ə/ us /ʌmˈbrel.ə/
umbrella noun [ C ] (DEVICE)
A2 a device for protection against the rain, consisting of a stick with a folding frame covered in material at one end and usually a handle at the other, or a similar, often larger, device used for protection against the sun:
- Damn! I've left my umbrella in the office.
- "You've got my umbrella!" he ejaculated.
- She absent-mindedly left her umbrella on the bus.
- I'll have to go back for my umbrella.
- The umbrella was ingeniously devised to fold up into your pocket.
umbrella noun [ C ] (GROUP)
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas