useverbuk /juːz/ us /juːz/
use verb (PURPOSE)
use verb (REDUCE)
use verb (WORD)
use verb (TAKE ADVANTAGE)
- She uses her newspaper column to expound her views on environmental issues.
- I think that some of her friends use her, rather, because she is so generous.
- She is just using the situation to gain a lot of cheap publicity.
- Many illegal immigrants are being shamefully used by unscrupulous employers.
- After years of being used and abused by her husband, Ruth finally left him.
use verb (IN THE PAST)
usenounuk /juːs/ us /juːs/
use noun (PURPOSE)
- The use of cameras in this museum is strictly forbidden.
- I made good use of my time , mixing with a lot of different people and practising my Spanish.
- We make helicopters mainly for military use rather than civil use.
- There was a big controversy over the use of drugs in athletics.
- We disapprove of this use of company funds for political purposes.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
use noun (CONSUMPTION)
use noun (WORD)