vegetariannoun [C]uk /ˌvedʒ.ɪˈteə.ri.ən/ us /-ˈter.i-/ (UK informal veggie)
- Everyone I know likes the smell of bacon - even Mike does and he's a vegetarian.
- You're a vegetarian and you eat fish?
- I've been feeling much healthier since I became a vegetarian.
- She's been a vegetarian for ten years now.
- Don't tell him you're a vegetarian - it's like a red rag to a bull.
vegetarianadjectiveuk /ˌvedʒ.ɪˈteə.ri.ən/ us /-ˈter.i-/ (informal veggie)
- Their own-label vegetarian products have been a huge success.
- The restaurant's very good for fish, but I'd give their vegetarian options a miss.
- Some people prefer a vegetarian diet, while others prefer a meat-based diet.
- David put me onto a wonderful vegetarian cookery book.
- The policy of charging air travellers for vegetarian meals proved unpopular and has already been rescinded.