waryadjectiveuk /ˈweə.ri/ us /ˈwer.i/
- All authors need to be wary of inadvertent copying of other people's ideas.
- The legal system is full of snares for those who are not wary.
- Tourists should be wary, as pickpockets are known to operate in this area.
- Buyers should be wary of hidden costs when purchasing their holiday.
- The teacher was wary of giving his pupils too much information at once.
- belt and braces idiom
- better safe than sorry idiom
- better the devil you know (than the devil you don't) idiom
- due diligence
- once bitten, twice shy idiom