whichdeterminer, pronounuk us /wɪtʃ/
which determiner, pronoun (QUESTION)
which determiner, pronoun (ADDS INFORMATION)
- He said the police assaulted him while he was in custody, a claim which the police deny.
- His mother lives in the next street to us, which is a little too close for comfort.
- She appears to actually like the man, which I find incredible.
- He's got pink walls and a green carpet, which to my mind looks all wrong.
- The bomb, which killed 15 people, was the worst of a series of terrorist outrages.
whichpronounuk us /wɪtʃ/
which pronoun (USED TO REFER)
- The band played a familiar tune which had everyone clapping along.
- It's a disease which affects mainly older people.
- The cliffs on which the houses are built are starting to crumble.
- He denied all responsibility for the rumours which have been circulating.
- These plants need a rich soil which retains moisture.