withprepositionuk /wɪð/ us /wɪð/
with preposition (COMPANY)
with preposition (METHOD)
with preposition (DESCRIPTION)
with preposition (RELATIONSHIP)
- Rick's more involved with the financial end of things.
- They've been engaged in a legal battle with the council for several months.
- The police have found no evidence of a terrorist link with the murder.
- I'm having problems with my computer.
- Unions bargain with employers for better rates of pay each year.
with preposition (CONTAINING/COVERING)
with preposition (CAUSE)
- She went crimson with embarrassment.
- Her face crumpled with laughter.
- The car was forced to retire from the race with a damaged gearbox.
- Eventually, the metal buckled with the pressure that was being exerted against it.
- I couldn't catch what the announcer said, with all the other noise going on.
with preposition (OPPOSITION)
- Students clashed with police after demonstrations at five universities.
- It's difficult for a small supermarket to compete with the big supermarkets.
- He struggled with his attacker who then ran off.
- He had a couple of scrapes with the police and ended up in court.
- We battled with the elements to get the roof fixed.
with preposition (SEPARATION)
- His plans represented a break with tradition.
- He split up with his girlfriend after they had a row in public.
- Their decision to not call their daughter Jane was a break with family tradition.
- She was reluctant to part with her favourite jumper.
- She's just broken up with her boyfriend.
with preposition (AND)
with preposition (COMPARISON)
- This road is quite busy compared with ours.
- The hotel certainly compared favourably with the one we stayed in last year.
- The family in the television programme could not be credibly compared with a real one.
- I thought I was badly treated but my experiences pale in comparison with yours.
- The regeneration of the city's downtown dock front will put it on a par with Nice or Cannes.
with preposition (SUPPORT)
with preposition (DIRECTION)
with preposition (TIME)
with preposition (UNDERSTANDING)
with preposition (DESPITE)
with preposition (EXPRESSIONS)
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: