yourselfpronounuk strong /jɔːˈself/ us /jʊr-/ weak /jə-/ /jɚ-/ (plural yourselves)
yourself pronoun (PERSON/PEOPLE ADDRESSED)
- I'm ready to go home now but I don't want to drag you away if you're enjoying yourself.
- "Might I have some more bread?" "Please, help yourself!"
- Don't even think about lifting me up, Ted, you might do yourself an injury.
- "I don't think I'll come to the party tonight." "All right, suit yourself!"
- So it's finally clicked that you're going to have to get yourself a job, has it?
yourself pronoun (PEOPLE GENERALLY)
- Acting is very competitive - you've got to really push yourself if you want to succeed.
- Treat minor ailments yourself.
- Taking responsibility for yourself is part of the process of growing up.
- Mispronunciation can be a serious obstacle to making yourself understood in a foreign language.
- Time passes so quickly when you're enjoying yourself.