zonenoun [ C ]uk /zəʊn/ us /zoʊn/
an earthquake zone
a nuclear-free zone
- A demilitarized zone has been created on the border between the warring countries.
- The incident graphically illustrates just how dangerous the situation in the war zone has become.
- Journalists may enter the danger zone but unfortunately we cannot guarantee their safety.
- The city has declared itself a nuclear-free zone.
- The commander-in-chief was given 36 hours to secure a withdrawal of his troops from the combat zone.
zoneverb [ T usually passive ]uk /zəʊn/ us /zoʊn/ specialized
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas