Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English


English pronunciation of “high water mark”

high water mark

noun [C usually singular] (SEA/RIVER)
How to pronounce high water mark noun (SEA/RIVER) in British English
How to pronounce high water mark noun (SEA/RIVER) in American English
View dictionary definition of high water mark »
(Pronunciation of high water mark noun (SEA/RIVER) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

Translations of “high water mark”

Word of the Day


When a boat or a ship sails, it travels on the water.

Word of the Day


Read our blog about how the English language behaves.

Learn More

New Words

Find words and meanings that have just started to be used in English, and let us know what you think of them.

Learn More