floornounuk /flɔːr/ us /flɔːr/
floor noun (SURFACE)
floor noun (LEVEL OF BUILDING)
floor noun (OPEN SPACE)
- I have an exhibitionist streak that comes out on the dance floor.
- The dance floor was full of middle-aged couples smooching to slushy ballads.
- The panel spoke for an hour before opening the discussion up to the floor.
- He started on the factory floor and worked his way up to the boardroom.
- The other dancers cleared as the bride and groom took to the floor.
floor noun (BOTTOM)
floorverbuk /flɔːr/ us /flɔːr/
floor verb (HIT)
floor verb (SURPRISE/CONFUSE)