nothingpronounuk /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/
- He reassured people that law-abiding citizens would have nothing to fear from the enquiries.
- We talked late into the night, but nothing was concluded.
- There was nothing we could do about it - the situation was beyond our control.
- Although they said nothing, she could sense their disapproval of her suggestion.
- There's nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a cold beer.
nothingadverbuk /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/
nothingnoun [C]uk /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈnʌθ.ɪŋ/ informal