Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, English-Chinese (simplified)
Select "English-Chinese (simplified)" from the list of dictionaries at the top of any page on Cambridge Dictionaries Online to search this dictionary.
140,000 words, phrases, meanings and examples.
37,000 Chinese translations.
Aimed at learners of English at CEF levels A2-C2.
Guidewords take you to the exact meaning you are looking for
Based on the 1.5 bn word Cambridge English Corpus
Hear the words spoken online with thousands of British English and American English recordings:
Also available as an app
Get the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary English-Chinese from Cambridge ELT
- Look up words when you're on the move.
- Hundreds of illustrations for when a picture helps more than a written definition.
- Word Partner boxes give you the collocations that will make your English sound fluent and natural.
- Thesaurus boxes help you to learn all the different words with the same meaning.
- 'Common mistake' boxes based on information from the Cambridge Learner Corpus, concentrating on the mistakes most frequently made by learners of English.