about preposition (CONNECTED WITH)
What's that book about? 这本书是关于什么的？
I'm worried about David. 我真为戴维担心。
I wish you'd do something about (= take action to solve the problem of) your bedroom - it's a real mess. 我希望你能收拾一下你的卧室——里面乱七八糟。
UK informal Could you make me a coffee too while you're about it (= while you are making one for yourself)? 你去冲咖啡的时候能不能给我也来一杯？
What didn't you like about the play? 这部剧哪些地方你不喜欢？
- He is always talking about how clever his children are.
- I wish you'd stop making jokes about my friends.
- Lots of people have complained about the noise.
- The film was about creatures from outer space.
- I was very nervous about driving again after the accident.
- Stop jumping about, Billy, and just stand still for a moment!
about preposition (NO ORDER)
about preposition (POSITION)
about adverb (APPROXIMATELY)
about two months ago 大约两个月前
- The town is about 100 miles northwest of Las Vegas.
- Fry the onion and garlic for about two minutes.
- The average temperature worldwide has risen by about one degree Fahrenheit in the past 100 years.
- "We'll be at your house at about nine o'clock, okay?"
- We sent out the wedding invitations about three weeks ago.
about adverb (ALL DIRECTIONS)
about adverb (NO ORDER)
about adjective (INTENDING)
be about to do sth