allowance noun (AMOUNT GIVEN)
The perks of the job include a company pension and a generous travel allowance. 这份工作的特殊待遇包括公司退休金计划和丰厚的差旅补助。
- Gary's been exploiting the system, getting both a student allowance and unemployment benefit.
- A family man's earnings rose 5% in real terms after deducting income tax, insurance, child allowances, etc.
- Paul has to use his car a lot in his new job but he gets a good mileage allowance.
- He gets a small allowance from his father - just enough to live on until he starts to earn money.
- The basic calorie allowance is 2000 calories a day for women and 2500 for men.
allowance noun (PREPARATION)
allowance noun (ACCEPTING)
make allowances for