exercise noun (HEALTHY ACTIVITY)
You really should take more exercise. 你真的应该多进行体育锻炼。
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.
- This exercise is designed to develop the shoulder and back muscles.
- Eat healthily and take plenty of exercise.
- I haven't done much exercise all week, so I think I'll go for a jog this morning.
- A good diet and plenty of exercise will help you to keep your body healthy.
exercise noun (PRACTICE)
Ships from eight navies will be taking part in an exercise in the Pacific to improve their efficiency in combat. 来自8个国家的海军军舰将参加在太平洋举行的军事演习，以提高其作战效率。
- These mental exercises are designed to encourage creative thinking.
- The cost of this exercise is proving a major hurdle.
- Today we're going to work on an exercise that aims to improve your interpersonal skills.
- One official dismissed the ceasefire as a mere propaganda exercise.
- Environmentalists attacked the company's ad as a public-relations exercise.
exercise noun (USE)
exercise verb (DO HEALTHY ACTIVITY)
exercise verb (USE)
C2 [ T ] formal to use something行使；运用；使用
- We need to exercise some control on this situation before we find ourselves in serious trouble.
- The security forces exercised great restraint by not responding to hostile attacks and threats.
- The United Nations has exercised its authority to restore peace in the area.
- Politicians these days seem less interested in exercising real influence on world events.
- This piece of equipment doesn't exercise the shoulder and back muscles much.