fair adjective (RIGHT)
a fair trial 公正的审判
Why should I have to do all the cleaning? It's not fair! 为什么我要做所有的打扫工作？这不公平！
It's not fair that she's allowed to go and I'm not! 允许她去，却不许我去，这不公平！
It's not fair to blame me for everything! 把一切都怪在我头上，这不公平！
UK She claims her article was a fair comment on (= a reasonable thing to say about) a matter of public interest. 她声称她的文章是对公众利益问题提出的公正合理的意见。
It was a fair fight. 这是一场公平的拳击赛。
it's only fair
it's fair to say
to be fair
fair enough B2 UK informal
fair's fair UK also fair dos informal
a fair hearing
fair and square
- A fair justice system is a fundamental part of a civilized society.
- I suppose his criticism was fair comment .
- Everyone should have a fair slice of the cake.
- They claimed that the election had been fair, but really it was a sham.
- This job has more than its fair share of frustrations.
fair adjective (PALE)
fair adjective (QUITE LARGE)
fair adjective (AVERAGE)
fair adjective (QUITE GOOD)
fair adjective (WEATHER)
fairnoun [ C ]uk /feər/ us /fer/
a trade fair 商品交易会