friendnoun [ C ]us uk /frend/
friend noun [ C ] (PERSON YOU LIKE)
She's my best/oldest/closest friend - we've known each other since we were five. 她是我最要好／交情最久／最亲密的朋友——我们5岁的时候就认识了。
We've been friends for years. 我们已是多年的朋友了。
José and Pilar are (good) friends of ours. 何塞和皮拉尔是我们的（好）朋友。
We're (good) friends with José and Pilar. 我们和何塞、皮拉尔是（好）朋友。
She said that she and Peter were just (good) friends (= they were not having a sexual relationship). 她说自己和彼得只是（好）朋友而已。
I've made a lot of friends in this job. 我从事这项工作结交了很多朋友。
You don't have to pretend any more - you're among friends now. 你不用再装了——现在大家都是自己人。
- Is he a friend of yours ?
- Come and meet my friend Laura.
- Is it okay if I bring a friend to the party?
- I got a call from an old college friend last night.
- He's not my boyfriend - we're just good friends!